Racing into November
Formula 1 has caused some controversial conversations this month. Has the sport become more about numbers and formulas making it more scientific than sport? Some fans are pushing to scrap test drives and go straight into qualifying, make racing more about the drivers ability rather than the tech? What do you think?
I think most sports are going this way, is it just evolving as technology does or is it taking talent away from sporting?
3.3 million cases of fraud were reported from June 2016 – June 2017
Gone are the days when a foreign prince contacts you to help them, in return for millions of pounds. Now emails from banks, PayPal and even the TV license company are looking like the real thing.
So, how do we tell if the email we have been sent is real? Here are some handy tips
- Check the sender, don’t just look at the name as it appears on the email click on the name and look at the email address that appears.
- Check the spellings, official companies will not send out bad grammar and incorrect spellings.
- Do not click on anything in the email, if you are not sure if it could be an official email close the email down and log in to your account separately
- Is the offer too good to be true? the newest TV License scam is one that tells customers they have over paid their TV license and are due a refund. TV license is a set fee for everyone, it’s not going to be easy to overpay.
- Who is it addressed to? If the email is from your bank and is addressed as ‘dear customer’ or ‘dear sir/madam’ this should raise some questions, these companies have your personal information, if they need to contact you they will address you with your name.
- Are they asking for personal information? Don’t give up personal information like your bank/card details as no company should be requesting this via email.
CAN WE HELP YOU?
Debt Consultancy Service C.I.C focus not only on improving customers finances, we also support our community, we are currently looking to sponsor sports individuals or teams.
Do you want to start a club in an underprivileged area but need funding? Trying to make a difference to your community but need support? Do you know a team that needs a kit, an up and coming star that needs the equipment or membership for their chosen sport?
We want to hear how we can help more children get into sports clubs, especially those who are from families struggling to support their sports dreams. If you know anyone who could benefit from sponsorship get in touch with us at CIC@debtconsultancyservice.co.uk
Formula One Quiz
Have your say
If you would like to be featured in next month’s newsletter or would like to discuss anything in this newsletter, contact us on: CIC@debtconsultancyservice.co.uk or tweet us @ServiceDebtCIC