The Christmas season is fast approaching and according to the BBC one in five of us have already completed our Christmas shopping.
How do you feel about early shopping? Beat the rush or even reduces the financial stress. When is too early to start prepping for Christmas?
“What’s Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer” Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Christmas is always an expensive time of year for many of us, last December it was found that 37 per cent of Britons said they were putting Christmas on credit up from 33 per cent the year previously – Money Advice Trust, December 2017
Here are some Christmas money savings tips we use in our household at Christmas time
- Shop around for the best deals, sometimes the best deals appear later in the month so don’t be afraid to leave it until the last minute
- Resist the urge to borrow more on credit
- Set a budget for Christmas such as food, decorations, presents
- Only buy for the children, I know we all like expensive presents however we substitute gift for each other with meaningful vouchers, such as a month of doing the ironing or a day without the children.
- Keep paying your bills, there is a real temptation not to pay the priorities expenditures and catch up next month, this never works…
CAN WE HELP YOU?
Debt Consultancy Service C.I.C focus not only on improving customers finances, we also support our community, we are currently looking to sponsor sports individuals or teams.
Do you want to start a club in an underprivileged area but need funding? Trying to make a difference to your community but need support? Do you know a team that needs a kit, an up and coming star that needs the equipment or membership for their chosen sport?
We want to hear how we can help more children get into sports clubs, especially those who are from families struggling to support their sports dreams. If you know anyone who could benefit from sponsorship get in touch with us at CIC@debtconsultancyservice.co.uk
Have your say
If you would like to be featured in next month’s newsletter or would like to discuss anything in this newsletter, contact us on: CIC@debtconsultancyservice.co.uk or tweet us @ServiceDebtCIC